Tuesday, April 11, 2006

About happiness...

I read this entry from Patrick's blog, entitled Happiness and it made me think of certain things..

Well, to Patrick: At least you've got one of what you wanted, being a programmer.. and you can work on being a performer...:)

Me, I never wanted to be in IT way back in college but look at where i'm now. Was I happy in college? Never, I was miserable. I felt double misery everytime we were given a project and I had no idea how to work it out. Programming was the worst. But thinking bout it now, I think I should be proud of myself for having the courage or maybe strength to graduate from a field I didnt like. I didn't even receive a grade of 5. That is of course, with the help of some friends.. :)

Having said that, the next question is.. Am I happy now? No I am not. But I am not miserable either. I am in a stage where I feel that I have to "make do" with what I got because it is better than nothing and it is better than most.

I have a nurse boardmate working at Mactan Doctors who receives a 7, 000 salary (to be deducted with tax). I received way more than that when I was at Xlibris and to think that a nurse's job is tedious, not to mention scary since you're dealing with a person's health and even life. And I only copied and pasted some texts in Xlibris..no sweat, hehe..

Right now, I am not completely happy and I wish that I could be somewhere and someone else rather than what/who I am now. BUT, I CHOOSE on settling with what I am and with what I have because thinking and wishing for things that can't be, could make me insane and bitter. Gigi knows I can be that... :)

As for the things I want and for the things that could make me happy and content, maybe I could have them someday. I have a family, I have a job, I have Gigi and many many things. And I should not be asking for more because I've had enough already. But as I've said from my previous blog, man's nature is to be never contented...

Hmm.. think about that.

cheers..

1 comment:

Patrick said...

Wow nice =) You're happy as always by your post =) Keep it up =)