Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Mama's special sandwich spread..

When my brother and I were in elementary, my mom would pack us 2 sandwiches each for snacks. One for the morning break and one in the afternoon. Our favorite "palaman" was always Milo in between the sliced breads. Mama would put a liberal amount of the chocolate powder in the breads and pack them in tupperware containers and I remember that by the time our snacks period came, the powder would melt into sticky, semi-liquid chocolate. Much like hersheys. We loved it so much that every day for our 6 elementary years, we had the same snacks. Our classmates loved it too and they always ask for bites from our breads. Maybe they envy us for having a mother who prepares us special sandwiches.

Now that I'm working and in the night shift to boot, I wanted to make a similar sandwich but it would not melt like my mom's.

I miss the old days and I wish we could stay as children forever and find joy in anticipating the snack periods so as to gobble our favorite sandwich.

I want to make mother's sandwiches for my children someday. Maybe by that time, I would know the secret on how to make them.

My mama is the greatest...

cheers..

1 comment:

Patrick said...

Grabe ha ... gutumon sab ta! HAHAHAHA!!!! My mom too makes sandwich (even 2) for me when I am still in my graders!!!

CHEERS!!!!